Limited (“We”) We are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy
when visiting the TNT Direct website https://direct.tnt.co.uk (“TNT Website”) or
communicating electronically with us.
We operate the
TNT Website for and on behalf of TNT UK Limited Company Number 0162850 trading
address TNT Express House, Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire CV9 2RY
Policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you
provide to us, or that We collect from you.
We do update
this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Parcel2Go.com Limited of The Cube, Coe Street, Bolton, Lancashire Bl3 6BU.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- In operating the TNT Website for and on behalf of TNT We may
collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to the TNT Website and the resources that
you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data,
weblogs and other communication data, products you viewed or searched
for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain
pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and
mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone
number used to call our customer service number.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the TNT Website,
such as when you registered for information or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES
- In addition to information collected by ourselves, We may also
receive data that has been collected by third parties, which would be
added to the previous information held by ourselves, for example, business partners,
sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising
networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit
reference agencies and may receive information about you from them.
- On occasion, We may gather information about your computer for the services
offered by TNT and to provide statistical information regarding the use of
the TNT Website to advertisers.
- Such information will not identify you personally; it is
statistical data about visitors and their use of the TNT Website. This
statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
- Similarly to the above, We may gather information about your
general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are
downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on
the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is
transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the TNT
Website and the service that We and TNT provide to you.
- All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done
by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the
cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be
unable to access particular parts of the TNT Website.
control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on
advertisements on the TNT Website.
- We may use the cookies for the following purposes:
advertising opt-out page google.com/privacy/ads. In addition, for all our other third
party vendors you can opt out by visiting networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
For detailed information on the cookies We use and the purposes for
- To show relevant advertisements on sites on the internet.
- To show relevant advertisements based on your prior
visit to the TNT Website.
- To use Google Analytics data to serve advertisements based on your
prior visit to the TNT Website.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- The information that We collect and store relating to you is
primarily used to enable us and TNT to provide services to you. In
addition, We may use the information for the following purposes:
If you are an existing customer, We or TNT may contact you with
information about goods and services similar to those which were the
subject of a previous sale to you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS).
Further, We or TNT may use your data [subject to you having
provided us with your prior consent], or permit selected third parties to
use your data, so that you can be provided with information about
unrelated goods and services which We or TNT consider may be of interest
to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any
of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was
If you are a new customer, We or TNT will only contact you or allow
third parties to contact you when you have provided consent and only by
those means you provided consent for.
If you do not want us or TNT to use your data for our third parties
you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you
provide your details to us on the form on which We collect your data.
Please be advised that We do not reveal information about
identifiable individuals to our advertisers but We may, on occasion,
provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to TNT
products or services. To provide information on other products which We
or TNT feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to
receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to the TNT Website, such as
improvements or service/product changes, that may affect the service.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We may transfer data that We collect from you to locations outside
of the European Economic Area for processing and storing. Also, it may be
processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area who work
for us, for TNT or for one of our suppliers. For example, such staff may be
engaged in the processing and concluding of your order, the processing of
your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting
your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We
will take all reasonable steps to make sure that your data is treated
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers.
Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be
encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely
secure and therefore We cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us
electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your
own risk. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so
that you can access certain parts of the TNT Website, you are responsible
for keeping this password confidential.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
- Where applicable, We may disclose your personal information to any
member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries,
our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
- We will also disclose your personal information to TNT (and TNT
group companies) for whom We operate the TNT Website.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where We sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a
- Where We are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
- You might find links to third party websites on the TNT Website.
These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should
check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies
whatsoever as We have no control over them.
HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
- As you would expect of us, We will take all reasonable measures to
ensure that the personal information you provide through the TNT Website
is held and managed securely. However, there is not a lot that you can do
to help keep your personal information safe – not just on the TNT Website,
but whenever you provide information online.
- Here are some simple ways you can improve the security of your
- Use a secure browser.
- Encryption is the process through which sensitive information is
scrambled before it is transmitted so that it remains private even if it
is intercepted. 128-bit versions support it.
- Two popular browsers that support 128 – bit encryption are:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 and later versions
- Netscape Navigator version 6 and later versions
- Security upgrades for some older browser versions are available. We
recommend that you contact your preferred browser provider for further
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the
information that We hold about you. Please note that any demand for access
may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in
providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive
details that We hold about you please contact us using the contact details
- We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding
the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you
by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our